Twitter

Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's RedEye's BlogOversary!


It's hard to believe it's been three years, 652 posts and 53,474  page views since I was forced to start RedEye's Front Page after being booted from Left in Alabama that fateful Friday, November 13th , 2009, because of the content of my comments and other post.

 It still hurts I'm no longer allowed to participate in the Informed, Involved, Progressive conversation at Left in Alabama, but I will be eternally grateful to mooncat for encouraging me to blog, and to countrycat for forcing, I mean encouraging me to get my own blog.  I assumed we were equals who could agree to disagree and still remain friends.  Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk.  It is what it is.

RedEye request the pleasure of your company on a special a stroll down memory lane on the anniversary of RedEye's Front Page, and the fifth anniversary of my first blog post, in honor of  Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday.

 Those were the good old days.    My very first post at Left in Alabama, Monday November 5, 2007. (Who would have thought those days could look good?)  Who would have thought indeed?

Happy Birthday Martin Luther King, Jr. - Monday, January 21, 2008.

Celebrating the Life of Martin Luther King, Jr.-, Monday January 19, 2009

RedEye's Random Thoughts - My very first post at RedEye's Front Page, Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy 81st Birthday Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.-Monday, January 18,2010

Martin Luther King, Jr. Links I Like- Monday January 17, 2011

Become a contributor to RedEye's Front Page!  Why should I have all the fun?  Drop me a writing sample at redeyeblog.alabama@yahoo.com.

You can also follow me on twitter.

Thank you for reading, lurking and commenting.  Let us march on until victory is won.
RedEye

Today's Must Reads
Martin Luther King, Economic Equality and the 2012 Election
Why I carp and whine, and why I wish I didn't have to~a very personal diary

2 comments:

Ted McLaughlin said...

Congratulations! Keep up the great work!

Black Diaspora said...

Just think, had you not started your own blog, we wouldn't have met, and I would have been the lesser for it.

Remember: Keep your guard up, and protect yourself at all times.